Studies ConductedA number of trials and studies have been conducted from the UVRI-IAVI laboratory. Listed below is a list of some of these
- IAVI 009- A multicenter phase I HIV vaccine trial using HIV-1 clade A DNA and modified vaccinia virus Ankara (MVA) vaccine
- IAVI A002- A multicenter phase II HIV vaccine trial using HIV-1 clade C DNA in adeno-associated virus vaccine
- IAVI Protocol B- A prospective observational feasibility study to determine HIV incidence in preparation for future preventative HIV vaccine clinical trials. This was done in collaboration with the Medical Research Council.
- IAVI Protocol G- A study to screen for and generate broadly neutralizing monoclonal antibodies from HIV infected individuals. This study was done in collaboration with the Medical Research Council.
- Protocol D- A multi center study to establish the normal laboratory reference values for East and Southern African populations
- DNA microarray study- A study to compare DNA microarray immune response profiles in healthy Ugandan adults against those in South and North American populations using the yellow fever vaccine. This was done in collaboration with the University of Montreal.
Current ongoing studies
- LTFU- A long-term follow up study on previous HIV Vaccine trial participants
- IAVI Protocol C- a study to evaluate laboratory, clinical, immunologic and viral markers of disease progression in recently HIV-infected volunteers. This study is being done in collaboration with the Medical Research Council.
- A pilot study to identify genetic and environmental factors responsible for B-cell malignancies, by investigating monoclonal B-cell lymphocytosis in a rural Ugandan population. This is being done in collaboration with the Medical Research Council.
- A multicenter Phase I HIV Vaccine study using HIV-1 recombinant proteins and Ad35 virus vector.
- A collaborative study with the University of Toronto investigators looking at the mucosal immunology of foreskins among the fishing communities.